GASPARI NUTRITION PRESENTS SPARTAN WOD SERIES: WOD #1 presented by Gaspari Nutrition
Are You Ready To Workout…I Mean Really Ready?
Let’s talk a little bit about training cold. For those of you who are not familiar with the term, “training cold”, it simply means, training without a warm-up and just jumping right into an intense style workout when your muscles, joints, tendons and ligaments are not yet ready.
When you do this, not only is your physical body not yet ready to train, but neither is your neurological system and this can greatly negatively effect the signals between your brain and your body.
If you’re a young person doing this, your body may be more resilient and forgiving, but trust me when I say, that the damage is being done and it can be accumulative.
Now, let’s talk about a body that’s properly warmed up and really ready to go – You’ve got a light sweat coming on, your heart is working and your skeletal muscles, joints and connective tissue are feeling limber and are prepared to work.
This is a recipe for training success and by sticking with the prep, you can look forward to a lifetime of training success and less injuries. This brief preparation that you’ve taken the time for will have a dramatically positive effect on each and every one of your workouts.
The Dynamic Warm-Up
- 15 Bodyweight Good-Mornings – Stand with feet shoulder width apart and a slight bend in knees, torso fully extended with head up, chin forward and arms at your sides. Bend at waist until body is parallel with floor by pushing buttocks back and return to your starting position and immediately repeat.
- 10/20 Torso Twists (A twist to each side is 1 rep) – Spread your feet just shy of shoulder width, keep a slight bend in the knees, bring arms out to sides and keep them fully extended. Twist (don’t thrust your body, simply twist to warm-up the spine) your upper body, keeping your head straight.
- 8/16 Walking Lunges (Each leg lunge out is 1 rep) A twist to each side is 1 rep) – Feet are side by side, only a few inches from one another. Knees are slightly bent, chest out, shoulders back and down, abs tight and keep your head and eyes (looking) straight. Begin by stepping the right leg out far enough, so that you roll heel to toe and avoid the knee from going over the toes. Lunge forward with one leg and without rest, lunge forward with the opposite leg. Let the leg stepping out do all the work – the back leg is only for balancing.
- 8/16 Alternating Hamstring Bends (Each bend down one leg is 1 rep) – Spread your legs approximately 3 feet apart, keeping the knees just short of lock out. Begin by facing forward and bend down in the direction of your right leg. Exhale as you draw your hands down that leg and touch your toes. Come back up to the middle and immediately move to the left leg and repeat.
- 10 Jumping Jacks – Come on now!
- 10 Deep Squats – Take a slightly wider than hip width stance and slightly bend the knees. Stick your chest out, bring your shoulders back and down and keep your head up. Squat down and mimic the motion of sitting back as you would sit in a chair. Stop when thighs are parallel. Immediately stand back up and repeat.
- 10 Arm Rolls Backwards – Simply giant arms circles.
- 10 Arm Rolls Foreword – Simply giant arms circles.
- 10/20 Arm Over Unders (One swing over and one swing under is 1 rep) – You’re standing with hip width apart, knees slightly bent, chest out, shoulders back and down and body relaxed. Bring your arms up and extended out in front of you and swing them back and fourth – During the first swing forward, the left arm should swing under the right – during the next swing back and forward your right arm will swing under the left arm. Repeat.
*If you have the time and for best results, repeat the entire sequence twice.
Gaspari Nutrition is an award winning global fitness leader with a mission to educate and deliver innovative, quality, and effective sports nutrition products to inspire customers in achieving their lifestyle goals. Gaspari Nutrition has become synonymous with confidence; the confidence to know that when you take a Gaspari product, you are doing the very best you can for your physique, your athletic performance, and your ultimate goal.
They are one of the few companies to sponsor independent 3rd party research on their products to prove their efficacy. Gaspari Nutrition is sold in over 85 countries and available in over 5,000 US retail outlets that include GNC, Vitamin Shoppe, Kroger, Dick’s Sporting Goods as well as over 100 online stores, including Bodyybuilding.com, Amazon and DrugStore.com. www.gasparinutrition.com