GASPARI NUTRITION PRESENTS a SPARTAN WOD SERIES: WOD #2 presented by Gaspari Nutrition
~By Hobie Call & James Villepigue CSCS
The following workout was designed to help improve your race run time and will greatly help maintain a high output pace.
As always, please warm-up by following the warm-up recommendations in the beginning of this week’s WOD and for a more thorough warm-up routine, perform one cycle of the Dynamic Warm-Up Routine that we discussed during last week’s WOD.
*This week’s WOD is intended to be performed on a track
· Jog 100 meters followed by some light dynamic stretching…
· Without rest, now jog slightly faster than the last jog for another 100 meters followed by some light stretching.
· Continue until your 100 meter run is comfortably at your 5-k race pace.
-Okay, so, if you’re training for a 3-mile race, follow this plan: (perform all running at your 5-k race pace)
· Run 200 meters, walk 50, jog 50.
· Run 250 meters, jog 50, walk 50, jog 50.
· (Continue this pattern, adding 50 meters each time you run, until you can no longer hold your steady 5-k pace).
· Your goal is to reach 800 meters.
-If you’re training for a 6-8 mile race, follow this plan:
(Perform all running at your 10-k race pace)
· Run 400 meters, walk 50, jog 50.
· Run 500 meters, walk 50, jog 50.
· (Continue this pattern, adding 100 meters each time you run, until you can no longer hold your steady 10-k pace).
· Your goal is to reach 1600 meters.
-If you’re training for 10-12 mile race, follow this plan:
(Perform all running at your half-marathon race pace)
· Run 1000 meters, walk 50, jog 50.
· Run 1100 meters, walk 50, jog 50.
· (Continue this pattern, adding 100 meters each time you run, until you can no longer maintain your steady half-marathon race pace).
· Your goal is to reach 2000 meters.
*Important Tip:If you expect your run will demand more physical strength than endurance & speed, wear a weight vest with a weight that you can handle using a safe and fluid heel-to-ball of foot pattern, allowing yourself to go 10 to 15 seconds slower per mile, for every 10 lbs. you carry in the vest.
Gaspari Nutrition is an award winning global fitness leader with a mission to educate and deliver innovative, quality, and effective sports nutrition products to inspire customers in achieving their lifestyle goals. Gaspari Nutrition has become synonymous with confidence; the confidence to know that when you take a Gaspari product, you are doing the very best you can for your physique, your athletic performance, and your ultimate goal.
They are one of the few companies to sponsor independent 3rd party research on their products to prove their efficacy. Gaspari Nutrition is sold in over 85 countries and available in over 5,000 US retail outlets that include GNC, Vitamin Shoppe, Kroger, Dick’s Sporting Goods as well as over 100 online stores, including Bodyybuilding.com, Amazon and DrugStore.com. www.gasparinutrition.com