by Carrie Adams
The Killington Beast proved to be one of the most memorable Spartan battlegrounds to date. Once people got home (and the swelling went down), the emails flooded into Spartan HQ telling stories of survival on the mountain and how the obstacles and single track trail were some of the toughest our Spartan athletes have faced. However, some of the most memorable quotes were heard on the mountain by some of our very own Spartan employees. (You know we run our own races, right?)
Our take-away? Spartans are not only resilient, they are also quite FUNNY. Here’s a few (that we could remember.)
2. This is harder that child birth and I have had two kids.
3. Maybe I didn’t do enough carb loading? Carbs are, like, magic… right? Ugh, now I want pizza.
5. The Spartan chicks are hot…. I wish the last one would have chicked me slightly more slowly.
6. You started at 9? I started at 10:30, why am I beating you? I bet Hobie Call is already home napping.
7. The people at work are NEVER going to believe what I did this weekend.
8. Just breathe. There’s just a rope ladder to climb, another rope to traverse, a slippery wall, and a spear to throw left…oh yeah, and the three huge Spartan Gladiators with pugil sticks to get passed. (With a quarter mile to go.)
9. I don’t need to be able to walk when we get done, do I? I mean, the volunteers will carry us back to our cars, right? That’s part of their job, right?
11. Girl One: You think they have port-a-potties out here?
Girl Two: Just go. I did.
Girl One: Like, just now you did?
Girl Two: I think so.
13. I hear music, I think that means we’re close… or I’m now hearing things. Either way, it’s catchy so I am going with it.
14. That’s not mud, it’s mushy banana. I had it in my bra but it got squashed when I did the barbed wire crawl. I’ll still eat it though.
15. That was the craziest thing I’ve ever done… I can’t wait for the next one.
Watch our Beast Recap on Spartan Race TV.
What do you most remember (or not) about your Spartan experience? Post pictures and one liners to our wall, there may be a T-shirt in it for you with your quote on it… Want to know what all the buzz is about? Get signed up for a race today and find out.